Monday, January 13, 2014

SUMMER HAZE

Below are the lyrics to another soon-to-be SPELLS jingle jogger. Currently in production, this song will serve as our vague tribute to The Animals. While writing this song I was pondering back on one of those teenage experiences of romantic missed connection. A time when someone caught my eye but I was far too insecure and inept to voice my interest. The memory I was pondering just so happened to be in mid-July, on the beach. Thank you to my brain for clutching onto it all these years, and to my heart for slamming it into my stomach every-so-unexpected-often as a tardy reminder of endless opportunities squandered.

SUMMER HAZE


Add another heart
To the list of lonely prey
Of the summer sun
And its brutal honest rays
I can't help myself
It's the end to all your means
How the sand it parts 
To stay true to all your frame

(Chorus)
Lyin', chasin'
Sweatin' and wastin'
I can't turn away
Stridin' graceful
Emerald eyes tranquil
Praying for shade
Still haunted after
Images falter
I can't see your face
Through the Summer Haze
The Summer Haze...

Add another plot
To your screed of unmarked graves
For the jilted heart
And its cautious, coward ways
As I flay myself
Endowed with epicene
How the breeze it starts
To bring all your everything


(Chorus)

The Summer Haze x4

No comments:

Post a Comment